- 3/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 2 1/3 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic (thinly sliced)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 Pear
- 1 cup Perdue® Short Cuts® Chicken Breast (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 tsp/serving)
- In a bowl, combine 2/3 cup broth, balsamic vinegar, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Bring both 1 2/3 cups broth and Zone PastaRx Orzo to a boil. Lower heat to medium/high and cook until broth is absorbed, stirring all the while. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the garlic and turn the heat down to medium. Cook for 1 minute, or until the garlic is soft.
- Add the pear slices and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pears are soft and golden brown. Pour the broth mixture over the pears. Increase the heat to high until it comes to a boil, and then immediately lower the heat and simmer, stirring frequently for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the chicken and orzo, cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve immediately topping each serving with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
Zone Products In This Recipe:
$20.66 Advantage price