- 10 oz Ground chicken breast
- 2 Egg whites
- 2 tsps Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper - or red pepper
- 1 cup Red wine
- 2 cups White onion - cut into thin half moons (or red onion)
- 3 cups Tomatoes - cubed or diced fresh or canned no-salt tomatoes
- 4 cups Zucchini - trimmed and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 cut into 1-inch dice
- 4 1/2 cups peeled - cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp minced or pressed
- 3 Garlic cloves - minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp crumbled thyme - or 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- Ground black pepper - to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley or basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Low-fat feta - crumbled
- 2 (12 oz) bags Birds Eye frozen broccoli and cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Capers - drained and minced
- 4 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried dill
- 3 tbsps Fresh squeezed lemon juice - of 1 lemon
- Mix ground chicken, egg whites, olive oil and pepper in a bowl. Form into tablespoon-size balls.
- Add wine, onions, tomato, zucchini, bell pepper, eggplant, bay leaf, garlic, thyme, and basil to a 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Stir, then arrange meatballs on top of vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, add 2 cups water to a 3-quart saucepan.
- Insert a collapsible metal steamer.
- Cover, bring to boil and then add frozen vegetables.
- Cover and steam until easily pierced with a fork, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, capers, dill, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Drain vegetables, add to dressing, toss to coat and divide into 4 serving bowls.
- Before serving, discard bay leaf, add pepper, stir and taste.
- Ladle into 4 large soup bowls. Garnish with parsley or basil and feta and serve with steamed, dressed vegetables.
Zone Products In This Recipe: