- 14 oz Ground chicken breast
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 2 tbsps Chili powder - to taste
- 1 tsp Sage - to taste
- 3 tbsps Olive oil - divided
- 3 cups Onion - chopped
- 2 cups Green bell pepper - chopped
- 2 cups Red bell pepper - chopped
- 3 cups Tomato - chopped
- 24 oz low sodium
- 3/4 cup Canned tomato puree
- 1 1/2 cups Bush's
- 1 tsp Onion powder - to taste
- 1 tsp Nutmeg - to taste
- 1 tsp Basil - to taste
- 1 tsp Allspice - to taste
- 1 tsp Cinnamon - to taste
- 1 tsp Parsley - to taste
- 1 tsp Cilantro - to taste
- 1 tsp Crushed red pepper - to taste
- 1 tsp Sage
- 4 Small Side Salad with Dressing
- 1 1/2 tbsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Brown ground chicken, salt and pepper and some spices in 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Place all other ingredients in crockpot, except for cheese.
- Add 2 cups water. Add browned meat. Add spices to taste. (There is no science to spices. Just add as much as you like.)
- Cook in crockpot for several hours until hot throughout, stirring occasionally.
- Divide into 6 (2-cup serving) bowls and top each with 2-3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Make 4 of the Small Side Salads with Dressing in one large bowl, drizzle them with extra virgin olive oil, and divide it into 6 bowls.
Zone Products In This Recipe: