- 1 Small Side Salad with Dressing - (see recipe in sides and snacks)
- 1 medium Eggplant - (about 1 1/2 pounds) cut in 1/2 inch rounds
- 15 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus olive oil spray)
- 1 tsp Curry - to taste
- 3 oz Salmon
- Salt and Pepper - To Taste
- Make the salad first and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler to 450ºF and set the rack about 4-5 inches below the broiler unit.
- Cut off end of eggplant at stem side. Cut eggplant into no thicker than half-inch slices.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Lay the eggplant pieces on aluminum foil. Give them a quick spray and sprinkle with curry, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place the salmon on a broiling pan, which has also been sprayed. Now spray the salmon with cooking spray.
- Rub the olive oil into the salmon and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put the salmon and eggplant in the oven.
- Cook the eggplant for 2-3 minutes, remove from oven, add halved cherry tomatoes to cookie sheet and put back in the oven for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Check the salmon. It should be cooked about half way at this point, taking a total of 5-7 minutes (depending on thickness).
- Turn eggplant slices with tongs, spray with olive oil cooking spray, and continue to broil another 2-3 minutes. They should turn slightly brown and curl up a bit on the edges. The tomatoes will be quite soft. The eggplant becomes soft and very creamy.
- Serve with salmon fillet.
Zone Products In This Recipe: