- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsps Honey
- 5 cups Spinach
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 4 oz Salmon fillet
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil - rub on fish
- Cooking spray - olive oil
- 1/4 cup Mandarin oranges canned - in water
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and honey into a small saucepan; then bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat until the volume is reduced by half and a syrupy consistency is obtained, 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare the spinach. Wash and drain rapidly then transfer to a saucepan without adding any water. The water trapped in the leaves after gentle shaking is enough to cook them.
- Add salt, cover and cook over high heat 3-4 minutes until the leaves wilt. Avoid overcooking, otherwise the spinach will become brownish. Transfer the spinach to a colander and press to remove excess water. Set aside.
- Lightly oil salmon on both sides.
- Heat a grooved, thick-bottom frying pan or a skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- When hot, add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the edges become opaque and lighter colored, about 5 minutes.
- Turn and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Peel off the skin then season with salt and pepper.
- Check with a fork to see if it is cooked through.
- Transfer the spinach to warmed serving plate.
- Place the fish on top and drizzle with the balsamic syrup. Serve.
- Have a small cup of mandarin oranges for dessert.
Zone Products In This Recipe: