- 1 Eggplant - (large)
- 2 1/2 oz Low-fat feta - crumbled (I use one with sundried tomatoes & basil in it)
- 2 medium Tomatoes - chopped
- 1 clove (or to taste)
- 2 tbsps Fresh parsley - chopped (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper - (to taste)
- 1 cup Mandarin oranges
- Pierce eggplant with fork.
- Place on grill pan (medium high) or on an outside grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes turning frequently. Eggplant will become soft and “deflated.” Set aside to cool.
- Cut eggplant in half and with a spoon and remove most of the seeds. Coarsely chop the eggplant.
- In a food processor add chopped eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pulse a few times to evenly mix all ingredients, giving the salad a coarse texture. If you prefer it smooth and creamy, blend for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Plate salad and top with feta cheese.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can dice the eggplant and tomatoes into a mixing bowl, adding in the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. This will produce a beautiful rustic-style salad. Have mandarin orange slices for dessert.