- 4 cups Eggplant - sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tbsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil - divided
- 1/4 cup Low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters-whites
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 4 oz Boneless chicken breast - rubbed with oil and sliced thin
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp Sargento
- 2 Apples - for dessert
- In a skillet cook eggplant in 2 teaspoons of olive oil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and soft.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl mix together ricotta, egg white, milk, salt and pepper.
- In each of two gratin dishes, layer the eggplant with the ricotta filling and sliced chicken which has been rubbed with 1 teaspoon of oil, salt and pepper and tomato sauce.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Cover and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the chicken is done and the gratin has set.
- Don't forget your apple.
Zone Products In This Recipe: