- 12 oz Skinless chicken breast - cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 cups Diced onion
- 2 cups stems removed
- 4 Celery stalks - cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Garlic cloves - coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp Liquid smoke
- 1 tsp Dried thyme - crumbled
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 cup Dry red wine
- 3 cups Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot - or cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water or beef stock
- 10 cups spun dry
- 2 and halved
- 10 Pecans - lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Marie's balsamic vinaigrette
- Layer stew ingredients in 3 ½ - to 4-quart slow cooker in the order listed. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. Discard bay leaf.
- Transfer most of the liquid from the cooker to saucepan on top of stove and cook over medium heat. Add dissolved arrowroot, simmer, stir until thick, then pour over meat and vegetable stew; stir, adjust seasonings, ladle into 4 serving bowls.
- Layer spinach, oranges, and nuts in a large bowl. Toss with vinaigrette. Divide between 4 large salad plates or in bowls, and serve with stew.