- 2 Egg whites
- 1/2 cup Garbanzo beans - reduced sodium Bush's (chick peas)
- 2 1/2 tsps Poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt - (optional)
- 10 oz Lean ground chicken breast
- 1/3 cup uncooked
- 1 cup Minced celery
- 1 cup Minced yellow bell pepper - or red bell pepper
- 2 tbsps Dried onion flakes
- 1 cup Tomato puree - divided
- 1 tbsp Prepared mustard
- 16 oz Frozen Brussels sprouts
- 2 lbs Summer squash - sliced and steamed
- 2 tbsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil - drizzle over veggies
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mist a 9x5 loaf pan with olive oil spray.
- Combine eggs, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), and spices in food processor or blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into 2-quart mixing bowl.
- Add meat, oats, celery, bell pepper, onion flakes, and 1/2 cup of the tomato puree.
- Mix with clean, bare hands and press into loaf pan.
- Mix remaining tomato sauce with prepared mustard and spread over loaf. Bake uncovered for 1 to 1 1/4 hours until meatloaf is firm to the touch and pulls away from sides of pan.
- Boil 1/2 cup water in 1 1/2-quart saucepan with steamer basket.
- Add summer squash, cover and return to boil. Simmer 10-12 minutes.
- Cook frozen Brussels sprouts according to package instructions. Drain all veggies.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cut loaf into 8 slices and divide between 4 serving plates and serve immediately with veggies.
Zone Products In This Recipe: