- 1 1/2 cups Onion - cut into half-moon slices
- 1 cup Bush's drained
- 12 oz Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Eden or Cascadian Farms
- 1 (10 oz) package Winter squash – defrosted overnight in refrigerator
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp Paprika - hot or mild
- 1/3 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tbsps Arrowroot
- 3 tbsps Water - or stock
- 3 tbsps Tahini
- 1/2 tsp Dried dill
- 1/3 cup Water - or stock
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 cup Finely minced onion
- 8 cups Shredded cabbage - may be red or red and green
- 2 Garlic cloves - minced
- 1/2 tsp Ground caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup or chives
- Layer the goulash ingredients in 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, assemble thickener, stirring arrowroot into cold water or stock.
- Add tahini and dill. Add to cooker, cover and turn to high, stirring periodically, until thick, and then turn off heat.
- Combine water or stock, oil, and salt in a large Dutch oven or deep skillet.
- Add onions, cabbage, garlic, and caraway. Cover and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Steam until vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes. Remove lid and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more, until liquid evaporates.
- Stir and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, then remove from the heat.
- Transfer goulash to 4 large, shallow soup bowls and garnish with parsley.
- Place cabbage on 4 small salad plates, and serve.
Zone Products In This Recipe: