- 1 14-oz can and quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb Green beans - trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 tbsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Almond meal
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 1/2 cups 1% Milk
- 1 1/4 cups chopped leftover or Perdue
- 1/3 cup Rolled oats - old fashioned
- Cayenne pepper - to taste
- Cooking spray - olive oil
- 3/4 cup Mandarin orange sections - in water
- Drain the artichoke hearts in a colander, quarter the artichoke hearts and squeeze dry with paper towels; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Whisk in almond meal and garlic and cook, whisking, for 1 minute (do not let brown).
- Gradually whisk in milk; bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until sauce has thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in green beans, chicken and artichoke hearts.
- Season with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of cayenne.
- Transfer to a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Spread the oats on a dinner plate and give them a quick spray with cooking spray. Scatter them over the artichoke/bean mixture.
- Push the oats into the mixture so they get moistened with milk. Bake until the sauce is bubbling, 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with 1/3 cup mandarin orange sections each for dessert.
Zone Products In This Recipe: