- 4 tsps Cornstarch
- 1 cup Tomato puree
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp Liquid smoke flavoring
- 4 tsps Garlic - minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup Chicken stock
- 3 tbsps Cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan to form a sauce. (Mix cornstarch with a little cold water to dissolve it before adding to saucepan.)
- Heat sauce to a light simmer, constantly stirring with a whisk until mixture thickens.
- Transfer sauce mixture to a storage container, let cool and refrigerate.
- Each 1/2 cup of Zoned Barbecue Sauce contains no protein or fat. This recipe is used as a component of other Zone recipes. It contains 9 grams of carbohydrate.
- This sauce may be refrigerated for up to 5 days, or if you prefer, the sauce may be frozen and defrosted for later use. Although the sauce is freeze-thaw stable, after sauce has been frozen and defrosted it may need to be stirred to reincorporate the small amount of moisture that forms on the sauce during the freezing and thawing process.