- 3 Applegate natural chicken hot dog
- 1 (16 oz) can Amy's Organic Lentil Soup - (Health Valley or Amy’s Lentil Vegetable) *
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chopped
- 6 oz Spinach - fresh or frozen
- 4 tsp Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan heat sliced Applegate natural chicken hot dog, lentil soup, water and tomatoes.
- When soup comes to a simmer, add chopped spinach.
- When spinach has wilted (just a few minutes), serve in soup bowls.
- Garnish with grated cheese.
- Soak dried lentils overnight and then simmer until just tender.
- Sauté onions, garlic, carrots, and celery; add a few sprigs of thyme and a can of diced tomatoes.
- Mix in cooked lentils and add 2 cups of low-fat chicken broth.
- Bring to a simmer and add 1 bunch of kale, Swiss chard or 1 bag of spinach.