- 2 thawed if frozen and cut in half
- 1/2 tsp Lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt - (optional)
- 2 Garlic cloves - halved
- 2 Bay leaves
- Jicama-Orange-Avocado Salad:
- 4 cups Jicama - peeled and cut into small (1/4-inch) cubes
- 2 tbsps Lime juice - 1 fresh squeezed
- Sea salt - to taste
- 1/3 cup Orange juice - freshly squeezed
- 2 fibrous parts removed
- 1 cup cubed
- 2 tbsps Fresh cilantro - minced
- Green salad:
- 7 1/2 cups Romaine washed - spun dry
- 1 cup Shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup Celery ribs and leaves - thinly sliced
- 3 cups Salsa - (mild or spicy)
- Rinse game hens inside and out.
- Sprinkle hens with salt and pepper.
- Stuff half a garlic clove in the cavity of each hen half and place in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 5 1/2 hours, until hens are tender and juices run clear when pricked with a fork.
- Meanwhile, toss jicama with orange juice, lime, and salt. You may leave it to marinate for up to 3 hours.
- Add peeled, sliced oranges, cubed avocado, and cilantro or basil to jicama and toss to coat.
- Divide lettuce, carrot, and celery among 4 large dinner plates.
- Remove skin from hens.
- Arrange 1/2 game hen over each salad plate.
- Top with salsa and serve with jicama and orange salad.